Charges and Payment
The hospitalization cost include room rate, meals, medical supplies and services, and any operations you may undergo. Below are our billing and payment standards:
- A deposit is required prior to admission; the receipt is to be presented for final bill payment before patient discharge.
- Service fees are incurred according to the in-patient room type.
- Additional fees will be charged for emergency operations and/or examinations and for those done outside of working hours.
- Room charges (meals excluded) are calculated based on daily rates.
- Admission: Upon admission completion, a full-day rate will be charged
- Discharge: To be completed before 12:00 p.m.
* Additional fees will be incurred for any late discharge :
- a half-day rate for discharge between 12:00 p.m. to 6:00 p.m.
- a full-day rate for discharge after 6:00 p.m.
- Additional fees will be charged for any companions staying after 9:00 p.m., regardless of any extra bed occupancy.
- Issuance of any medical reports and/or certificates is subject to additional administration fees.
- Patient responsible for damages to any hospital properties shall be charged to the item(s) original pricings.
- Use of any discounts or offers is to be applied before admission with the presentation of relevant documentations; discounts and/or offers may not be combined. Any applications after patient discharge will not be accepted.
- Accrued hospital charges are to be paid every three days and full settlement of any outstanding bills before patient discharge. ( Not applicable to patients with credit account)
- Payments can be made by cash, cashier’s order, credit card, UnionPay or other electronic payments (such as MPay). Any personal checks cannot be accepted.
- Cashier’s Service Hours: 9:00 a.m. to 9:00 p.m. daily
If you have medical insurance, we advise learning about the company’s claim policy and procedures, etc. before admitting to the hospital. University Hospital does not take any responsibility in patients’ medical insurance claims.